Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Letter #7



Dear Mr. X,

I believe that this is my seventh letter to you. I'm only noting this because seven is my favorite number, but still.

I wonder what we're both doing right now. Are we still on our honeymoon, or dis you decide to read these letters slowly, just one at a time?

It's crazy for me to think that by the time you read this, I will be your wife and we will be living a life that I can only imagine. I mean, I don't even know where we'll be living, and I suppose, knowing me, it could be anywhere. I suppose that the next few years will help where we live, which is I guess where I will meet you. But I'm making too many assumptions here, and only time will be able to reveal the truth to me.

I hope that whenever I do meet you though, I still want to have a desire to have lots of adventures. That would be wonderful for us when we are dating and beyond. I recently went kayaking for the first time, and so wouldn't it be awesome for us to go sailing together early in our relationship? I have always loved the water, and so if we could get a little sailboat, even if it's just a rental, and we could take it out on the water somewhere. Yes, that would be an amazing experience for us, just you and me on the water, our minds solely focused on each other.

Love, I know it will be hard, but can you promise me that we'll have lots of adventures? I will always love you of course, but I really want our lives to be exciting, no matter what.  I know that every day can't always be exciting; we both have our careers and we will have to support ourselves and our future family.  However, I want us to one day, many many years from now (as you're reading this), look back on our marriage with thoughts about how much fun we have had over the years, as we sail into the sunset, together.

I love you so much!
The Future Mrs. X

No comments:

Post a Comment