Thursday, July 7, 2011

Greetings and Salutations Friends! :)

This is not a letter, just the first of many random posts that I will post at my own discretion.

Welcome to my blog!  It's good to have you here and I hope that you will enjoy it!  :)

It's a little crazy how all of this came about, but it all started just two days ago on the Fourth of July.  You see, I wasn't feeling well that morning.  I am quite sensitive and on top of that I've had depression before and this was one of those times when I let my emotions get the best of me I am afraid.  Anyway, as I was trying to calm down, I decided to write a letter to my future husband, who I like to refer to in my mind as Mr. X, because he is so unknown to me at this present time.

There is so much hype about a girl and her marriage in my opinion.  For example, I spent most of my growing-up years living in Georgia, where I still live.  Now, there are quite a few young women down here who seem pretty desperate to be married by the age of 22, and in high school, when I wanted to be a bride at 25, girls were shocked that I wanted to wait so long.

But really, why such a rush?  Just because you wait a little longer than other women doesn't mean you're running on less time or anything.  Marriage is a big commitment, and trust me, I've seen young women get married and divorced in no time at all.  I've also seen girls younger than me have children with no fathers to take care of them, and to all of that, I feel like screaming "What's the rush?"

Here's who I am.  I am twenty-one years old, single, and content with that status.  That isn't to say that there is never anyone that I want to date, because there usually is someone that I'm eying, but really, what's the rush?  My best experiences with love and romance have been spontaneous and unexpected rather than something I was torturing myself with through my own anticipation.

Besides, I have work to do before I love someone else, and that is learning how to love myself.  That is why this blog is to be a positive environment where I can focus positive things and positive energy.  While most of my entries will be letters to my darling Mr. X, I will also be happy to fill up these pages with lovely little blurbs and thoughts and things that I hope will make you smile.

Now, this is an anonymous blog, and I intend to keep it that way at least until I get married.  Why?  Because I want all of this to be a surprise for Mr. X, and making it public would be really hard.  Now, my name really is Jennifer and I really am from Georgia, but that is all that I intend to disclose.  The pictures of me are real as well, but I am only posting pictures that give you only a slight idea of who I am.  But don't worry, just as one day the true identity of Mr. X will be revealed to me, I have every intention of revealing myself to you as well.

Oh, if you want, feel free to email me at the.future.mrs.x@gmail.com.  I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers!
Jennifer, the Future Mrs. X

No comments:

Post a Comment