Friday, July 8, 2011

Letter #3

Dear Mr. X,

I hope my last letter wasn't too critical or anything.  After all, as I write these first letters I haven't the slightest clue about who you are, but Sweetheart I don't want you to feel bad if you didn't meet my original expectations.  Perhaps God wants me to learn not to have as many expectations before I meet you.

I just want the world for us!  I am the kind of person who likes to dream big, and my dreams about you are no exception.  But remember this, as you are reading this right now, I am probably looking at you with these bright hazel eyes of mine and thinking about how wonderful and spectacular you are.  Baby, you're the one!  I picked you and you picked me and the fact that we are married as you read this is the most amazing thing in the world.

To show you even more of the love I already have for you in 2011, I would like to post a poem that I wrote for you way back in January, January 24th to be exact.  You see Darling, I was not in the best of shape in January.  My heart was not broken or anything, but the month prior I had had a very short fling (no sex though because I am a virgin) and I was going through the awkward "How can I talk to you now?" stage.  Anyway, in my bit of anxiety I decided that I would write you a poem, and so I am going to post it here in this letter for you to read.

For a Mr. X:
Who are you exactly, what is your name?
All I know of you is that you'll set my heart aflame.
I want to know everything about you, each detail
I love you, We've never met, but our love will sail
Twenty-One years I've waited, and I wait still
Pining and hoping and waiting until
The magical day during which we meet
Or have we met before, and if so why didn't you sweep me off of my feet?

I am a romantic, and I want to find your love
I've tried to be patient, with peace like a dove
I cannot say I haven't made mistakes along the way
But let's let all be forgotten, on that magic day
When you and I realize that we cannot
Live without our lives tied in knots
I am ready to meet you, and know we're true
Mr. X, you'll have a real name then, and I'll love you
Forever.

I don't understand how I can love someone who is such an unknown to me at this time of my life, but honestly Love I am ecstatic that you will one day decide that I am the woman that you want to spend the rest of your life with, and that means the world to me.

Love love love!
Your Future Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment